Friday 28 October 2011

I Lost Over 100 Pounds! 6 Easy Steps To Losing Weight Like Me


By Josette Francis

My mother always used to say, 'a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips my dear.' And boy was she right!! By the age of 25 I was nearing 200 pounds and the weight just kept going up and up and up!

I had tried every diet out there, from the maple syrup diet to the Atkins diet, all to no avail.. the weight didn't seem to be going anywhere. I used to see skinny girls in the mall and feel so jealous that I couldn't dress hot and sexy like them that I would go home and simply cry and eat myself to sleep.

I decided at the age of 30 that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life clinically obese so I decided to make some simple dietary changes and stick to them.

This was the best decision of my life because now at 37 I have dropped to an amazing 120 pounds and I have never looked as hot and sexy as this!

These are the EASY steps I took. They worked for me and I can GUARANTEE that if you stick to them they will work for you too!

My first tip is to always plan your meals for the day. This is vital as it helps you avoid randomly snacking on junky sugary fatty foods. Try to plan your meals the night before so you are prepared for the day's meals as soon as you wake up.

Second is calorie counting. I'm sure you all have heard of or done this before but I found that following a strict daily calorie intake and not exceeding it contributed to my dramatic weight loss. Saturated fats are a sure fire way to obesity. Aim to eat only foods that are low in saturated fat.

Eat 5 small meals per day. These should be significantly smaller than your usual meals. This helps to kills hunger pangs and helps you avoid snacking throughout the day as your stomach will feel fuller for longer. If you do this you will see that your metabolism will be greatly improved.

Sleep! Get at least 7 hours sleep per night, but no more than 8. Depriving your body of sleep may increase levels of the hunger hormone and decrease the hormone which makes you feels full. This results in over eating.

Drinking plenty of ice cold water with each meal makes you feel full faster and also prevents over eating. Ice cold water helps burn all those unwanted calories.

Exercise! Of course! Working a 9 - 5 meant I never had time for exercise so I began walking instead of catching the bus, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and believe it or not having more sex with my husband! This combined with the tips above helped me lose over 100 pounds fast!

Now I get compliments all the time and even get asked out by guys much younger than myself. I haven't felt more confident in myself and its all thanks to making healthy dietary choices. I'm at a good place in my life and I will never look back

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Josette_Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...